Inspired by a recent article on Freaky Eggnog by Camper English of Alcademics.com fame, we decided to share our favorite eggnog inspired cocktail recipe this week. Our eggnog recipe doesn’t have quite the creativity that some of the freaky ones mentioned by Camper. Putting mushroom-infused bourbon into a drink or aging eggnog for a full year was more than we could handle. But how can you argue with this simple conclusion?
Because if you’re going to ingest your most fattening thing of the year in drink form, you may as well get bombed doing it.
If you’re hosting or throwing a holiday party, eggnog can be a great option for creating a homey feel and bringing people some of that holiday cheer. This recipe is relatively simple to prepare. Just make sure to give yourself time for the initial mixture to chill overnight.
Classic Homemade Eggnog
Serves 14-18 drinks
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup of fine sugar
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 3 tsp of vanilla
- 1 cup good brandy
- 1 cup good whiskey
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- Separate the egg yolks and whites, placing the egg whites to the side for later use
- Beat the yolks, 1/4 cup of sugar, nutmeg, salt, and vanilla until it achieves a relatively thick consistency and is pale yellow in color
- Slowly mix in the brandy, whiskey, and milk
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator overnight
- Shortly before serving, beat the egg whites until they for m small peaks
- Beat in the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar into the egg whites
- Gently fold the egg whites and sugar into the brandy and whiskey mixtures
- Serve and garnish with nutmeg!
We hope you have a Happy Holiday season and look forward to seeing you more in the New Year.
More Drink Recipes:
- White Russian
- Old Fashioned
- Classic Sidecar
- Sazerac Cocktail
- Singapore Sling
- Classic Manhattan
Or check out our Bartender’s Cabinet